The principle of action and composition of the drug
Doxycycline is a semi-synthetic antibiotic which acts against the most numerous types of bacteria and microorganisms. Therefore, the list of indications for its use includes different in nature and etiology diseases. Most often it is prescribed for treatment:
- bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy – i.e. infections caused by infections of the respiratory tract;
- peritonitis, proctitis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the urinary tract and pelvic organs in women;
- purulent infections of soft tissues;
- diseases caused by sexually transmitted infections (mycoplasmosis, chlamydia, syphilis or gonorrhea);
- brucellosis, typhus, cholera, trachoma and other infectious diseases.
Canadian pharmacy Doxycycline is also used as a prophylactic agent after abortion or surgery on the large intestine. It can also be assigned to travelers traveling to certain regions in order to prevent them from malaria.
How to take the Doxycycline properly?
Doxycycline is taken orally. For adults and children over 12 years with a body weight of more than 45 kg, the average daily dose is 200 mg on the first day (divided into 2 divided doses – 100 mg twice a day), then 100 mg/day.
Maximum daily doses for adults is up to 300 mg/day or 600 mg/day for 5 days in the case of severe gonococcal infections.
In the presence of severe hepatic insufficiency, a decrease in the daily dose of doxycycline is required, since it gradually accumulates in the body (the risk of hepatotoxic action).
Does it require a medical prescription?
As well as other rx drugs, generic Doxycycline requires the prescription from your doctor.
In the online pharmacies you are able to order this medication without prescription but prior doing it, make sure that you have carefully read contraindications, possible side effects, and compatibility of this medication with other drugs. It is the broad-spectrum antibiotic, so it’s highly recommended to consult with your doctor in order to pick the necessary dosage and protect yourself from undesirable side effects.
What are the contraindications for Doxycycline?
Contraindications for the drug taking are:
- severe hepatic insufficiency,
- pregnancy (especially II-III trimester),
- children under 8 (due to the possibility of formation of insoluble complexes with calcium and deposition in the bone skeleton, enamel and dentin teeth).
The medication is strictly forbidden during the pregnancy (the formation of insoluble complexes with calcium and deposition of doxycycline in the bone skeleton is possible).
Combinations with other drugs
Absorption of the drug is reduced by the joint use of funds containing iron, magnesium, and calcium.
The concentration of Doxycycline is lowered from barbiturates, anticonvulsants, and Rifampicin.
Simultaneous administration of the generic Doxycycline and preparations with the active substance “cyclosporine” increases the toxic effect of the latter.
The use of tetracycline antibiotics together with penicillins or cephalosporins leads to a decrease in the antibacterial effects of these substances.
Doxycycline is cautiously prescribed to diabetics, since taking antidiabetic drugs with tetracyclines can affect blood sugar.
The combined use of Doxycycline and vitamin A leads to an increase in intracranial pressure.
Doxycycline is forbidden to take together with alcoholic beverages since they negatively affect the concentration and effect of the drug. It is also recommended to reduce the consumption of dairy products during treatment with this drug.
How to store the medication?
The generic Doxycycline should be stored at a temperature of up to 25 ° C
What are the possible side effects of Doxycycline?
- Organs of hearing: Noises in the ears.
- Nervous system: Instability, dizziness, headaches, nausea and loss of appetite.
- Circulatory system: Porphyrin disease, agranulocytosis, lack of platelets, eosinophilia.
- Digestive system: Enterocolitis, gastric ulcer, inflammation of the esophagus, dysphagia, glossitis, problems with bowel movement, vomiting, and nausea.
- Cardiovascular system: Hypotension, pericarditis, edema, tachycardia.
- Allergy: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, lupus erythematosus, angioedema, anaphylactoid reactions, anaphylactic shock, hyperemia, pruritus and rash.
Where to buy Doxycycline?
Do not waste your time for searching for the best online pharmacy to buy Doxycycline. Canadian Pharm List has already done this for you. We have prepared the list of the pharmacies with positive reviews, where you can order Doxycycline online. Also, you can immediately compare prices in each of them and choose the most affordable option for you. In the canadianpharmtabs catalog, you can also familiarize with the essential information about each drug available on our website. The detailed description of each drug, including contraindications, indications, correct dosage and its compatibility with other drugs is presented here. Choose, read and order the necessary drug in the most suitable place for you!