The principle of action and composition of the drug
The drug Amoxil (Amoxicillin) is an effective preparation for the therapy of bacterial infections. The active component of this medication is amoxicillin. This component has a bactericidal effect, carried out by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell membrane. Generic Amoxil is prescribed for treatment of the infections of the skin, the gastrointestinal tract, urinogenital and respiratory system caused by sensitive to the drug microorganisms.
It should not be used in case of leukemoid reactions, established penicillin intolerance and infectious mononucleosis. Amoxil contains clavulanic acid, which makes the drug resistant to penicillinase and reduces cross-resistance to antimicrobial drugs.
How to take the Amoxil properly?
Tableted Amoxil is taken orally, in 2-3 divided doses, depending on the doctor’s prescription and specific pathology. Dosage and duration of the drug depends on the patient’s age and severity:
- children weighing more than 40 kg and adults – 0.25-0.5 g for three doses or 0.5-1 g for two doses per day (for severe infections the dose may be higher, a maximum of 6 g per day);
- to small children – 25-90 mg / kg per day, divided into 2-3 doses (daily maximum 0.1 g / kg body weight);
- patients with severe renal dysfunction (with a clearance of less than 10 ml / min), the dose is reduced to 50-85%, and intervals between doses should be from 12 to 24 (in some cases) hours.
The duration of treatment should be determined by the attending physician, based on the diagnosis. However, in most cases, it is recommended to take the generic Amoxicillin at least 5-10 days or during the entire period of the expanded clinical symptoms plus 2 days after their disappearance.
Does it require a medical prescription?
Today you can purchase cheap Amoxicillin without prescription even in some of the local pharmacies, however, many of them still claim that this drug is in the list of the rx medications and require the prescription from the physician.
If you don’t have the prescription from the specialist and you are carefully familiarized with the recommended dosage and possible side effects, you are able to order this drug online in any online pharmacy.
What are the contraindications for Amoxicillin?
Generic Amoxil is not recommended with:
- hypersensitivity to beta-lactam antibiotics (monobactams, penicillins, carbapenems, cephalosporins) or directly to the constituent ingredients of the drug Amoxil (including auxiliary);
- leukemoid reactions on the lymphatic type;
- infectious mononucleosis;
Combinations of Amoxil with other drugs
Amoxicillin reduces the effect of estrogen-containing contraceptives. Increases absorption of digoxin. Reduces clearance and increases the toxicity of methotrexate. Extracting from the body through the kidney is slowed down by acetylsalicylic acid, indomethacin, sulfin peroxone, oxyfenbutazone, phenylbutazone.
How to store the medication?
Amoxil should be stored at an air temperature of not more than 25 ° C.
What are the possible side effects of Amoxil?
Possible side effects are listed in descending order of their frequency:
- itching in the anal region;
- skin rashes;
- interstitial nephritis;
- hemorrhagic colitis;
- pseudomembranous colitis;
- hemolytic anemia;
- surface discoloration of tooth enamel;
- candidiasis of the intestine;
- allergic vasculitis and other severe allergic reactions (Lyell’s syndrome, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, angioedema, toxic epidermolysis, acute common exanthematous pustulosis, etc.);
- Candidiasis lesions of mucous membranes and skin;
- Lakopenia and slowdown of blood clotting;
- Cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, increased levels of transaminases.
Where to buy Amoxil?
When decided to buy Amoxicillin the most common question is “where to buy it?” Each of us wants to find the qualitative drug from the reliable manufacturer and at the attractive price. To help you with this time-consuming task, Canadian Pharm List picked the list of pharmacies where you can order Amoxil at the reasonable prices and without any fakes. Also, on the Canadianpharmtabs you can read the detailed description of each drug available in our catalog.
Save your time and efforts, and protect yourself from the poor quality fakes which can cause harm to your health by visiting the Canadian Pharm List. Excellent quality, reliable manufacturers and a wide choice of first-class pharmacies for you.